AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cant authenticate with pinpad style software token

Question asked by GRAHAM ROBINSON on Jan 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 by Jay Guillette

Hi

We use RSA SecurID hardware tokens with AM v8.1, but are planning to migrate across to software tokens and I am testing out the available options. The software tokens need to be installed on users Windows phones or iPhones, and they will then authenticate using a VPN client to get remote access to the network.

If I assign and distribute tokens in Tokencode style [no PIN required] or Fob style [enter PIN followed by tokencode] this works fine and I can authenticate using the VPN client.

But if I assign a token in Pinpad style [PIN integrated with tokencode] my authentications always fail.

In Pinpad style I open the SecurID application on my phone and I am prompted to enter a 4-8 digit PIN, but I can enter any PIN number and the tokencode is always displayed. Why is this?

If I enter this tokencode in the VPN client, the authentication monitor shows "authentication method failed". If I enter the PIN number followed by the tokencode in the VPN client the authentication monitor shows "authentication method failed, passcode format error".

Hopefully one of you good people can point out where I'm going wrong.

Outcomes