AnsweredAssumed Answered

Identity collection connection to MS SQL fails

Question asked by Gregory Taft on Apr 26, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 by Gregory Taft

I am attempting to change my identity collection to go against a MS SQL server directly rather than having the HR team create a CSV file and creating a File Transfer Job to send the file to RSA L&G. 

I am running RSA L&G 6.9.1 P18. 

I created the identity collector I have tried the SQL Server driver and the SQL Server 3 driver. 

I have tried several connection strings, the last supplied by the SQL DBA.

jdbc:sqlserver://<Server DNS Name>:<port>;databaseName=<database name>

When I click the "Test" button for the collector, I am getting the following error message which appears to indicate there is a "to_char" call being attempted and it is not accepted.  Not sure what is happening behind the scenes but the failure is pretty consistent no matter which connection string format I us and no matter which driver I use.

Collector test failed: com.aveksa.server.runtime.ServerException: Test request failed with response: com.aveksa.server.runtime.ServerException: com.aveksa.common.DataReadException: Could not create user data iterator!. Caused by com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: 'to_char' is not a recognized built-in function name. Caused By Stack com.aveksa.common.DataReadException: Could not create user data iterator! at com.aveksa.collector.userdata.DBUserIterator.(DBUserIterator.java:105) at com.aveksa.collector.userdata.DBGenericReader.constructUserIterator(DBGenericReader.java:400) at com.aveksa.collector.userdata.DBGenericReader.getUserIteratorForTestData(DBGenericReader.java:423) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.collectors.identitydatacollectors.IdentityDataCollector.writeData(IdentityDataCollector.java:368) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.collectors.identitydatacollectors.IdentityDataCollector.collectData(IdentityDataCollector.java:346) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.collectors.identitydatacollectors.IdentityDataCollector.collect(IdentityDataCollector.java:307) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.collectors.identitydatacollectors.IdentityDataCollector.collectTestData(IdentityDataCollector.java:272) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.framework.DataCollectorManager.collect(DataCollectorManager.java:533) at com.aveksa.client.component.collector.DefaultCollectorManager.actUpon(DefaultCollectorManager.java:203) at com.aveksa.client.component.collector.DefaultCollectorManager.handle(DefaultCollectorManager.java:102) at com.aveksa.client.component.event.DefaultEventManager.handle(DefaultEventManager.java:60) at com.aveksa.client.datacollector.framework.SimpleEventSource.notifyListeners(SimpleEventSource.java:67) at com.aveksa.client.component.communication.DefaultCommunicationManager.notifyEvent(DefaultCommunicationManager.java:377) at com.aveksa.client.component.communication.ChangeListHandler.applyChanges(ChangeListHandler.java:364) at com.aveksa.client.component.communication.ChangeListHandler.access$300(ChangeListHandler.java:58) at com.aveksa.client.component.communication.ChangeListHandler$ChangeApplyingRunnable.run(ChangeListHandler.java:275) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701) Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: 'to_char' is not a recognized built-in function name. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:197) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1493) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:775) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:676) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4575) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1400) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:179) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:154) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerStatement.java:611) at com.aveksa.collector.userdata.DBUserIterator.(DBUserIterator.java:86) ... 16 more End Stack

Anyone have any thoughts?

Outcomes