AnsweredAssumed Answered

DB2 Connector fails with error -"IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases"

Question asked by Tushar Sutar on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 by Tushar Sutar

We are on 6.9.1 P22

I am trying to create DB2 AFX connector,

I uploaded both db2jcc.jar & db2jcc_license_cu.jar  (provided by DB2 database folks) which gave me error.

Then I did try db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar which resulted in same error.

2017-06-14 08:24:30.782 [ERROR] org.mule.retry.async.RetryWorker:365 - org.mule.retry.RetryPolicyExhaustedException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:db2://kpj0.kih.kmart.com:10000/KIHDB2A : [ibm][db2][jcc][10109][10354] The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases.
To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ.
An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path.
Connectivity to QDB2 databases is enabled by any of the following license files: [ db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ]. (java.sql.SQLException)
org.mule.retry.RetryPolicyExhaustedException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:db2://kpj0.kih.kmart.com:10000/KIHDB2A : [ibm][db2][jcc][10109][10354] The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases.

So I have a question, uploading the jar is sufficient or there is some other way to enable these uploaded jars OR something wrong with my jar files (I am using same in Squirrel without any issues).

Also I tried to test the setting with database driver as - COM.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver

and com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver both.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Outcomes