AnsweredAssumed Answered

App Metadata Collectors and OOB Application Attributes

Question asked by William May on Jul 13, 2017

I am trying to leverage an App Metadata Collector to pull in data from our CMDB and store it in the out of box business source attributes. I'm finding some odd behavior that is preventing me from enabling this collector. I've looked at several attributes, and my findings are as follows:

1. Sensitivity: This is present in the App Metadata Collector to map to, however, when navigating to Resources --> Applications, I cannot group or filter by "Sensitivity"
  2. Category: This is NOT present in the App Metadata Collector as a mapping attribute, but when navigating to Resources --> Applications I CAN group and Filter by "Category
  3. Classification: This is BOTH present in the App Metadata Collector as well as in the Resources --> Applications view to Group/Filter by

There doesn't appear to be any reason why one is being treated differently than the other. Is there somewhere in the configurations that these properties can be set to allow collection/show in views/etc...?

Per the admin guide below, "You can also configure column name values for other application metadata attributes that need updating as required.":

Procedure

1. Configure the following database column names for metadata attributes as required:
      • Application ID — Select an attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the application.
      • Business Owner — (optional) Select the user attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the business owner for the application.
      • Technical Owner — (optional) Select the user attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the technical owner for the application.
      • Exception Manager — (optional) Select the user attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the exception manager for the application.
      • Business Unit ID — (optional) Select the business unit attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the business unit for the application.
      • Backup Business Owner — (optional) Select the user attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the backup business owner for the application.
      • Backup Technical Owner — (optional) Select the user attribute from the drop-down list that identifies the backup technical owner for the application.

You can also configure column name values for other application metadata attributes that need updating as required.

Collector Configuration Screen:

Thanks,
Bill

RSA Via v7.0.1 P02_HF08

Outcomes