AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need advice for Collecting Data for MS Exchange. 

Question asked by Muzammil Kaleemulla on Aug 15, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 by Muzammil Kaleemulla

I know that we can collect few MS Exchange attributes from Active Directory and we can user AD Account Collector to get the data

The customer needs mainly 3 attributes from MS Exchange:

1. If user can send mails outside Organization (AD attribute: extensionAttribute14. Values: "cannotsend" means cannot send outside org, else can send)
  2. OWA (AD Attribute: protocolSettings)
  3. ActiveSync (AD attribute: msexchomaadminwirelessenable) 

The first is very straight forward. (If user can send mails outside Organization).

I'm facing issues with OWA and ActiveSync.

For OWA AD stores such attribute values under the "protocolSettings" attribute in the format "protocol§setting1§setting2§ ... and so on"

The thing is a user can have multiple "protocolSettings" values. For example:

protocolSettings = OWA§1

protocolSettings = IMAP§4§0§1§1§§§§§§§

protocolSettings = http§1§1§1§§§§§§

and so on.
I tested collecting and it collects only one attribute for a user. I believe which ever is the first that is parses.
Is there a way we can collect an array or collect all? How can I collect information for OWA?

Second, for Active Sync is that in AD the attribute msexchomaadminwirelessenable represents Active Sync. Value for this can be 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7. After looking up in internet I found out that 0,1,2,3 means Active Sync is enable. But the customer wants that instead of showing "4" to manager / reviewer we need to show "disable". So is there a way I can map that if this attribute's value is 0,1,2,3 it's "enable", else "disable" ?

If someone has any solutions or workarounds for this, kindly help.

Thanks

Outcomes