AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set and increment numeric variables in workflows (v7.0.1)

Question asked by Abhishek Choudhury on Jan 10, 2018

Hi,

We are currently on RSA IGL v7.0.1 HotFix 2.

The requirement is fairly straightforward, and I have seen this discussed on this forum in the past.

(Case in point: How to provision user again after CR is failed  )

I am simply trying to loop through a failed AD AFX fulfillment 3 times with a 5 minute delay between each attempt.

The idea is to give the CR 1+3 attempts over a 15 minute period.. and if it doesn't go through, assign to Ops team for manual fulfillment. I do not need to check the AD connection status, so no Java Node should be needed (As suggested by Boris Lekumovich in the linked discussion above).

The issue I am faced with is, that I am not quite able to figure out how the Counter increment can be done through one of the OOTB nodes available in the WF?

I can set the initial counter easily as a variable in the WF itself. (Say initialCount= 0).

Now once the AFX fulfillment fails, I need to update this variable to 1.

I hoped the "Set Value" node would help where I tried the below:

Unfortunately this treats the variable and the value update as a String.

When I look at the run-time data, this variable shows up as the string "0+1" (Instead of 1).

The obviously above doesn't help since decision node am looking for the counter count to decide if this should loop back to AFX or to manual fulfillment:

So my question would be, is there an OOTB node that we can use to set a variable that (If needed) can be typecast to an integer and be able to run simple mathematical operations on the same?

I am wary of having to resort to a Java Node for a simple requirement to set and increment an integer in the WF.

If there is an alternate and more product aligned way to achieve the above requirement please do let me know.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

AC.

cc Sri Palle Jamie Pryer

Outcomes