AnsweredAssumed Answered

Software Token Expiration Extension

Question asked by Carla Bradley on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 by Gabriel Python

I read about extended the software token expiration and just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. It says, "For example, a token that will expire in 15 days can be extended so that it will not expire for another 2 years. An unassigned token that expires in 2 years provides a new expiration date to the distributed token that was expiring in 15 days, and the unassigned token is deleted. The original, distributed token on the user device receives an extended lifetime in Authentication Manager."

So assuming my token expires in 2 weeks, I can go into the Security Console and extend my expiration date for 2 more years. It basically uses up a different (unassigned) token that has a 2 year expiration. Logically transferring the extra 2 year expiration to the assigned token, deleting the unassigned token, and this is all done in the security console with nothing for the end user to do? When that token expires in two years, it can be done again? And lifetime doesn't mean no expiration, right?

FYI - We are on 8.2 SP1 Patch 8 and about to go to 8.3.

Outcomes