AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bulk-replace expiring tokens?

Question asked by Tony Tuite on Mar 6, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 by Erica Chalfin

I'm very new to this environment, but not to batch operations altogether. 

What I have is a list of ~1300 users with expiring tokens exported from RSA to Excel. I'm currently manually going to each user in our security console, assigning them a new token, then shipping it to them. 

What I want to do is figure out how to batch-update these users with their new tokens so all I have to do is compile the list of users and new tokens (which I'm doing anyway) fire that off as a batch job. I was looking at the Bulk Administration 1.6.0 Custom Application Guide PDF I found through this site, but it's frankly a little over my head at the moment. I have looked at the samples, but not sure how to adjust them for my scenario. 

For example, We need to do direct assign-to-user & transfer the PIN where, after importing, they show in the user dashboard thusly:

I see in the documentation about the SetPin parameter, but there doesn't seem to be an option to carry the Pin over to the new token.

Going by the Replace and Provision Tokens sample AMBA scenario on page 144 of the referenced documentation, but it's not clear to me what data is where... This seems to me to be replacing hard tokens with soft tokens, but we need to replace expiring hard tokens with fresh soft tokens.

Any guidance would be great in this. I don't currently have access to the license info to get the direct RSA support (I'm working on this), but guidance to such a resource would also be appreciated.

Outcomes