I am upgrading RSA SecureID from 8.0 to 8.1 to 8.2. Where can I find documentation on how to do it? I am running it on a VMware ESX 5.5. Please help.
The documentation is in the setup and configure guides for each major version 8.1, 8.2...etc.
But it is fairly straightforward.
get the patches, these are all .iso, or .iso inside zip files,
and install in this order
1) obtain am-update-18.104.22.168.0.from the Version Upgrades archive section
2) obtain am-update-22.214.171.124.0 from the 8.1 download section (this is 8.1 sp1)
3) obtain am-update-126.96.36.199.0 from the Version Upgrades archive section
4) obtain am-update-188.8.131.52.0 from the Version Upgrades archive section
5) obtain am-update-184.108.40.206.0 from the Version Upgrades
-always make a backup before patching.
-backups are version-specific and can only be restored back to the same version that created it,
so they are not used for 'jumping' to a pre-installed higher patch version and import the data unfortunately.
-always patch the primary first, then replica(s), verify replication, then proceed to next patch
you cannot vertically patch just the primary with 1-5, then do the replicas next.
each major version must be done deployment-wide, then proceed up to next patch.
each update/patch is an .iso file uploaded into the operations console of the server you are
patching and each patch is 15~20 minutes.
See Appendices A through C of the RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Setup and Configuration Guide for information on:
The RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 SP1 Setup and Configuration Guide explains how to apply the 8.2 SP1.
Finally, RSA Authentication Manager 8.3 Setup and Configuration Guide documents how to install 8.3.
Retrieving data ...