AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow authentication then failure

Question asked by Shane Carr on May 29, 2018
Latest reply on May 30, 2018 by Edward Davis

I am trying to diagnose an issue with a Windows 10 VDI with RSA authentication agent installed.  The agent only challenges privileged users - not standard users.

 

The standard users access the VDIs via Citrix XenDesktop utilising single sign on which works correctly.

 

The issue arises when users lock the VDI (via Windows + L or screensaver).  When they come to enter their password and unlock the VDI, it works approximately 90% of the time but the other 10% the login attempt will take 2 to 3 minutes and then fail silently (just drops back to the login prompt) despite the password having been entered correctly.

 

On each failed login, the authentication agent's SIDCredentialProvider(LogonUI) log contains the following:

 

2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [I] [Credential::collectUsername] Username=username
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [I] [Credential::collectUsername] Domain=Domain
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [I] [Credential::collectUsername] UPNSuffix=
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [I] [Credential::collectUsername] SAMDomainUsername=Domain\username
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [Credential::collectUsername] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [SIDDCredential::getPasscode] Enter

2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [Field::getStringValue] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [I] [Field::getStringValue] Value is sensitive
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [MemoryCrypter::decrypt] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [MemoryCrypter::init] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [MemoryCrypter::init] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [MemoryCrypter::decrypt] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [Field::getStringValue] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [SIDDCredential::getPasscode] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.418 20008.8092 [V] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::startInputCapture] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.419 20008.20904 [V] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::ThreadProc] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.426 20008.8092 [I] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::startInputCapture] Hidden dialog created, showing wait cursor.
2018-05-29 22:56:26.426 20008.8092 [V] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::showWaitCursor] Enter
2018-05-29 22:56:26.427 20008.8092 [V] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::showWaitCursor] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.427 20008.8092 [V] [DisableTileControlsDlgBox::startInputCapture] Return
2018-05-29 22:56:26.427 20008.8092 [V] [AuthMechWrapper::authenticate] Enter
2018-05-29 22:58:34.965 20008.8092 [E] [AuthMechWrapper::authenticate] AuthMech authenticate failed: 0x8
2018-05-29 22:58:34.965 20008.8092 [V] [AuthMechWrapper::authenticate] Return

 

Note the 128 seconds spent in the authenticate method.

 

Any idea why the authenticate would take so long or what the 0x8 failure indicates?

Outcomes