AnsweredAssumed Answered

Request button to form to AFX

Question asked by Steve Fuson on Dec 5, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 by Steve Fuson

We have applications which are contolled out of Active Directory groups.  Meaning:

AD groups Application_1_Modify and Application_1_Read give access to Application 1

AD groups Application_2_Modify and Application_2_Read give access to Application 2

I'm trying to set up Request Buttons/Forms specific to those groups which will then go through the workflows we've assigned to Active Directory and then be fulfilled by AFX. 

I've tried some different combinations and run into issues.  For instance, if I do a Global request form with a Group Picker, it doesn't see the group as an application entitlement and therefore doesn't follow the correct workflow. 

The best I've come up with so far is a Request Button with Action "Add using request sources" including the Active Directory Application, then an Application type Request Form with the groups filtered.  But what happens is, I have different buttons which go to the same application and when I select the application it gives options a second time for multiple forms.  Even when I try to filter to specific forms, I get the same results.

screenshot of request button dropdown

screenshot of application forms

image of request button filter

The Request Button Action "go to form" doesn't give an option for application forms. 

Is there a better way to do this?

Outcomes