Hi all, I'm planning to migrate my H/W appliances to VMs.
Current Primary appliance - 192.168.1.1 (H/W)
Current Replica appliance - 192.168.1.2 (H/W)
If I attach a new VM replica with a new IP address (i.e 192.168.1.3) , I'll have 2 H/W and a VM in my enterprise.
When I promote the VM to Primary, my authentication agents will not be able to connect because they only know the original IP addresses (1.1 and 1.2) since this new IP is not configured on them unless I change all of them which I am trying to avoid.
With this in mind, is it possible to do this AFTER promoting the new VM to primary?
1. Kill/unplug the original replica appliance (1.2)
2. Change the IP/FQDN of the new VM replica from 1.3 to 1.2
3. Test if this newly promoted VM can authenticate users and then Promote to Primary.
4. Assuming #3 is ok, set up another VM replica (192.168.1.4)
5. Kill/unplug the old primary appliance (1.1) which is currently replica.
6. Change the IP of the new VM replica from 1.4 to 1.1
7. Attach this 2nd VM replica (1.1) to VM primary (1.2)
Is the above procedure good to follow?