AnsweredAssumed Answered

Securid Token extension questions

Question asked by Lane Frazier on May 30, 2019
Latest reply on May 31, 2019 by Lane Frazier

My environment is still RSA Auth Mgr 8.1 SP1 P3. Hope to get to to the 8.3 level or better soon.

Have read doc 190072.

I understand that only software tokens can be extended and that they have to have been distributed with 8.2 level code to "extendable"

I have some hardware securid 700 key fobs and some soft tokens that will be expiring soon and I want to make sure I'm handling them the proper way after expiration. They will probably expire before we can get upgraded past 8.1 sp1 P3 level..

On the securid 700 key fob's - what I have always done in the past when they expire was delete them from the system. I assume that is still the best procedure and order more and import new ones.

My real question I guess is what to do with upcoming expiring soft tokens.

If they expire while I'm still running on 8.1 level code. Should I delete them from the system or leave them in the expired pile?  The thought being if I left them in the expired pile, upgrade to say  8.3, I could redistribute them and then extend them for up to a 2035 date.? I am a bit confused by this and need some clarification on what to do with the expired soft tokens. Do I need to delete them and order more or extend them later when I upgrade.

Thanks for your time

Outcomes