AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error copying update to local filesystem - Source DVD

Question asked by Ben Wykeham on Jul 2, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2019 by SG Tech

Hey all,

I am trying to update RSA Authentication Manager 8.3 P 06 to RSA Authentication Manager 8.4. The machine is virtual and running on Hyper-v. The update iso is larger than 2gb so am using the virtual dvd drive to attach the ISO. The console sees the update and when I click Apply Update it starts the process however it fails when copying the update to the local filesystem. 

This is the original message;

[INFO] Mounting device DVD to /media.
[INFO] 
Caching update on DVD to /opt/rsa/am/updates/iso/DVD-8.4.0.0.0-build1404796.iso
dd: opening `/dev/cdrom': No such file or directory
Error: Failed to cache patch: /usr/bin/sudo /opt/rsa/am/utils/bin/appliance/cacheDVDUpdate.sh /opt/rsa/am/updates/iso/DVD-8.4.0.0.0-build1404796.iso exited with non-zero exit code
[INFO] Unmounting device DVD from /media.
[INFO] 
Failed to launch the update installer to apply the update AM 8.4.

I then logged onto the server and created the /dev/cdrom directory and provided write access (755) to it and recieved a different error;

Free Disk Space Check:
Required Free Disk Space: 6144MB
Actual Free Disk Space : 86534MB
[INFO] Mounting device DVD to /media.
[INFO] 
Caching update on DVD to /opt/rsa/am/updates/iso/DVD-8.4.0.0.0-build1404796.iso
dd: reading `/dev/cdrom': Is a directory
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0 B) copied, 0.000733298 s, 0.0 kB/s
Error: Failed to cache patch: /usr/bin/sudo /opt/rsa/am/utils/bin/appliance/cacheDVDUpdate.sh /opt/rsa/am/updates/iso/DVD-8.4.0.0.0-build1404796.iso exited with non-zero exit code
[INFO] Unmounting device DVD from /media.
[INFO] 
Failed to launch the update installer to apply the update AM 8.4.

This is where my knowledge of linux runs out. Do I need to change the owner of the folder? Am I doing something wrong in creating the folder at all? I have tried to search the forums for "failed to copy the update" or "update from DVD error" but cant find anything related to this but happy to be proved wrong!

Outcomes