AnsweredAssumed Answered

RSA Access Manager RHEL5 to 7 upgrade advice

Question asked by Randy Galbraith on Sep 24, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2019 by Randy Galbraith

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for reading my post and responding! I'm a software engineer in large US-based company. I've been tasked with upgrading two Java-based modules currently running on Red Hat Enterprise GNU/Linux 5.11 (Tikanga) to 7.6 (Maipo). There modules are integrated with RSA Access Manager.

My first task is setting up a working copy of the components in a development environment. I have limited access to our system administration staff. Thus our typical work pattern is to do as much as possible within development then if needed ask our sys-admin folks for help. This works well for most of the Free Software components I typically work with. Thus my first "please advise" orbits around download and install questions. Our sys-admin staff does make available "sandbox" hosts for senior staff such as myself. On such hosts we have root access.

The first thing I would like to get installed on my sandbox host is "RSA Authentication Agent 8.0 for Web for Apache Web Server" Side note: On page 13 (and elsewhere) of the install guide it shows the command "cd /usr/sbin/httpd" should that be "cd /usr/sbin"?

Based on the install script and the document it appears I must install "RSA Access Manager" first. Is that correct? My conclusion here orbits around the mention of the file /var/ace/sdconf.rec (see page 14 of the Installation and Configuration Guide). Is it possible to install these items for development purposes without a paid-for end-user-license?

Kind regards,

-Randy Galbraith

Outcomes