AnsweredAssumed Answered

Manual Activity Resource Assignment

Question asked by Priti Srinivas Employee on Apr 21, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2020 by Clive Morrish

Hi All,

I have question regarding workflows and here is my requirement

• Local application having local entitlements have a role associated to it for manual fulfillment
  • Whenever any access request is raised , a manual activity must be created and assigned to the members of the role assigned to it

Approach Used:

I have been able to retrieve the role members , roleset and role details within the workflow and tried a lot of options but it does not work as expected for some reason

a) Option 1: Store role member details in workflow variable and in manual activity use the option "Workflow variable with value as user_id of the user"

This works fine, if there is only one member and fails if more than one

b)Option 2: Use workflow variable option by passing role id and resolving it to the id of the role. I do see the below error in logs and even it cast it to integer the issue still persists

ERROR (Worker_jobq#Role#jdbc/avdb_32) [com.aveksa.server.workflow.scripts.resource.ResourceManager] Error evaluating a workflow variable resource

java.lang.ClassCastException

c)Option 3 : Use workflow variable option by passing role name and resolving it to the name of the role. I have also provided the role set name to it for resolution.  I do see the below error in logs and even it cast it to integer the issue still persists

ERROR (Worker_actionq#Role#jdbc/avdb_74) [com.aveksa.server.workflow.scripts.resource.ResourceManager] Error evaluating a workflow variable resource

java.lang.NullPointerException

Could anyone help in this regard and point out what could be possibly done to resolve this issue ?

Attachments

Outcomes