AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgraded 8.4.0.13.0 SecurID web tier unavailable.

Question asked by James Clark on Jun 7, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2020 by James Clark

The RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 Patch 13 was applied successfully along with RSA Authentication Agent for Web for IIS to 8.0.4.22. Remote web servers required node secrets resynced but all IIS web sites are operating normally after upgrades.

The web tier is inexplicably unavailable though. It was also updated and reinstalled and the process seemed to go normally including the Operations Console showing the updated 8.4.0.13.0 version now online. In the webtier install log, it finishes with 'Configuration step WebtierBootstrapper:installAll [SUCCESS]' and all else looks normal.

Web browsers to the expected domain/IP address at port 443 find nothing responsive. Doing a 'netstat -an' on the server shows no process opening port 443 on any IP address or local interface.

The webtier imsTrace.log shows both the Spring Resource and Webtier Bootstrapper Started and the wrapper-3.2.3rsa4.exe process open twice on the system. However, those PIDs are open on ports 32002 (Bootstrapper) and 32001 (RSA_WEBTIER_devfull).

How can I tell what went wrong and how to fix it? I've uninstalled and reinstalled, trying going back a version and reinstalled the latest version and all with the same result. I've looked for any other web tier log files with relevant info to no avail. Thanks for any help!

-Jim

Outcomes