AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why Does RSA AM Security Console Drop LDAP Connection?

Question asked by Robert Jackson on Jun 8, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2020 by Robert Jackson

I have just recently converted our RSA Authentication Manager physical appliance to a Hyper-V virtual appliance. Everything seemed to go well with the conversion. However I am now finding that the Security Console seems to drop the LDAP query ability. What this means is that I cannot get a list of assigned tokens and the users cannot authenticate - always get invalid credentials error. This can happen 30mins, 1 hour or more after the virtual appliance has been brought online (rebooted). Immediately after the root, the appliance behaves as normal and users can once more authenticate for a short period of time. I have tried issuing the following command for both the Security and Operations Consoles on the virtual appliance: rsautil manage-secrets -a recover

At the time when the Security Console loses LDAP, I am successfully able to "test connect" LDAP (both main and failover) from the operations console. This only happens on the virtual appliance. The physical appliance is completely stable. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Outcomes