RSA Admin

Cisco Secure IDS/IPS Asynchronous Error

Discussion created by RSA Admin Employee on Sep 14, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2012 by RSA Admin
I just got off the phone with support about this error message and wanted to post it up here as this is where I typically look for resolutions to errors. After running the pi_ls_sdee.exe in verbose mode from a command window I was seeing the following entries: The configuration of your IPS device seems to have failed due to the following error: C8778942598AB118ACF856138E: 111.111.111.111: Error: Asynchronous error 12029 from WinHttpSendRequest (https://111.111.111.111:443/cgi-bin/sdee-server?action=open&id sAlertSeverities=informational+low+medium+high&force=yes) Support responded with the following: " Asynchronous error 12029". This is caused when the following ms update (MS10-049: Vulnerabilities in SChannel could allow remote code execution) is applied causing the following registry entry to be modified and loosing it's configuration, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL. By add the following 2 DWORD values and rebooting the appliance it should hopefully correct the problem. AllowInsecureRenegoServers value: 1 UseScsvForTls value: 1 This resolved the problem and now I can search for it on here the next time I run into it.

Outcomes