AnsweredAssumed Answered

MegaCLI64

Question asked by 2dGsTsDH7pMObNMpcYkB3sE7JafeRLNywiduVz7hmA0= on Oct 5, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 by RSA Admin

What is the command to see how much your drives are filled up in the volume?  For example, we have 7 SSDs in our Log Concentrator and we just expanded to another DAC by extending the LVM /var/netwitness/concentrator/index volume.  I'd like to know if the new drives are being written to and how much every drive in the RAID5 pool is saturated.  I can't seem to find the right command, loping at physical drive info just says 186GB (SSD) but nothing about how full the actual drives are.

Also, has anyone extended Concentrator DACs before and seen little to no performance gains?  I'm curious if this is due to the original 7 SSDs being saturated and only the new 7 SSDs are being written to and the FIFO'ing of the data doesn't occur until much later since there is no free space to write new index data to.  Ultimately, our Last Hour or Last 24 Hour queries always hit the 7 SSDs and do not write distributed to 14 SSDs across the 2 Concentrator DACs.  I'm trying to figure out a way to get even distribution without an index reset.

Outcomes