RSA Admin

Change a Remote Collector's Master Site

Discussion created by RSA Admin Employee on Nov 16, 2010

Hello,

I am replacing a current Remote Collector (RC) with an LS stack, which will be the second LS stack in the NIC Domain. Thus, Site 1 in the NIC Domain is an LS stack; Site 2 in the NIC Domain is currently a RC but is changing to an LS stack; and the RC which is currently Site 2 with Site 1 as its Master Site is going to repurposed as Site 3 with the new LS stack (e.g., the new Site 2) as its Master Site. In other words:

Site 1 = LS Stack and NIC Domain Master Site

old Site 2 = RC which I need to decommission and repurpose

new Site 2 = new LS stack which will point to Site 1 as its Master Site

new Site 3 = repurposed RC which will point to Site 2 as its Master Site

Site 3 (Repurposed RC) -->Site 2 (New LS) -->Site 1 (LS which nothing is changing).

With that back ground, now my question:

I am seeking documentation to decommission the existing RC (e.g., the existing Site 2) so I can repurpose it as a new Site (e.g., the new Site 3). The one additional variable is that the Site name of the existing RC (e.g., the existing Site 2) has the same Site name which I need to give to the new LS stack (e.g., the new Site 2). Meaning, I'm thinking I will need to uninstall the enVision software from the RC appliance (e.g., the existing Site 2), run DCpromo on the RC in order to wipe out the domain name (e.g., the existing RC Site name), which theoretically will make that Site name available to give to the new LS stack (e.g., the new Site 2). Then, I'm planning to execute “E:\nic\installables\enVisionAPP4000b0228.exe” on the then decommissioned RC to rebuild the “new” RC as the new Site 3 with a brand new appliance Hostname and brand new domain name (e.g., a new Site name). But, I am seeking formal documentation and/or informal procedural steps for this process.

Thank you.

Outcomes