Rajbir Yadav

Envision LS fail-over

Discussion created by Rajbir Yadav on Apr 14, 2014
we have an envison setup as per attached diagram, A-srv, D-srv, LC-1 and LC-2 are active site member while one box for A-srv and other box for D-srv are on cold standby. no we want to put this whole architecture on fail over mode. we already have LC-1 and LC-2 on clustering but we know that D-srv and A-srv clustering is not possible. so we want to do something on cold standby server so when active A-srv goes down then we have to do only minor change like IP addressing or latest backup copy or Lan port enabling that shit. Means as of now we want both A-srv online or can be access same D-srv or same Cold standby server will be online and can be accessible from both A-srv or LC.

Can you please guide me on this, how we can configure this as i have discussed or any other way to make active server online as well cold standby server online for the case of fail-over?

for this i have tried to install the same lsconfigurationwizard on standby server but i got that it was not asking about D-srv and in last when lsconfigurationwizard finish i got that none NIC services was installed. i also tried to shutdown the active A-srv and then put the cold A-srv on Active A-srv IP the tried to install then too i got same error. i also tried to install by using D-srv lsconfigurationwizard but then too not success.

Kindly suggest me on this, how we can make this possible?

82261Rob DavisLeonard ChvilicekJeff MarshallThe specified item was not found.The specified item was not found.The specified item was not found.

Outcomes