I would like to know what all are the steps that should be taken to upgrade the Aveksa version from 5.XX to 7. I also would like to know if direct upgrade is possible.
Please see attachment
Depended how you want to do this. Do you want to upgrade the existing environment or create new instances.
New environment (Low Risk)
- Installed latest version
- Migrate the database
- Reinstall the IMG on version 7
Existing Environment (High Risk)
- OS upgrade required
- I would upgrade first to 6.9.1 then jump to version 7.
We have two environments. New environment with 7.0 installed and old environment with 5.XX version installed.
We need to migrate the existing implementation in 5.XX version to the new environment.
Can you suggest best way/steps to implement the same. Is direct Import/Export possible in this case?
Please follow the Upgrade and Migration guide..
I don't know if this is jboss/WAS/Weblogic Remote database/Local Database etc...? Please note any custom coding should be migration manually.
What I would do if this was JBOSS:
create 2 environments (development, Production)
- Install Development
- Backup Development
- Export 5.xxx Production environment (after all the changes as per the upgrade and Migration guide)
- Import in development environment
- Reinstall Development environment (Data migration required - When you export import the database the version will be different and this is the reason why you need to reinstall - This is when the appserver and database is locally)
- Confirm under the server nodes that you only have one node and it is healthy
- Start testing......
- Once tested, sign-off and follow same process for production (follow customer processes).
Please note I haven't done this migration before, that is why you should first test in Development before moving to production.
Good luck and let me know
Special Thanks Nico and will update the result
Retrieving data ...