The process of working with records is the same for all applications and questionnaires in RSA Archer.
- If any icons of a task are not available for selection, you do not have access rights to perform the associated task.
- If the application or questionnaire contains a record permissions field, you might not have access rights to every record.
- If the application or questionnaire contains private fields for which you do not have access rights, you cannot view or edit those fields.
As you work with a record, you might encounter various ways to enter data. When you are editing a record, the record becomes locked so that other users cannot make changes to the same record at the same time. If you navigate away from the page without saving, a message box appears in which you must confirm whether you want to continue. If you click OK to continue, you will lose any changes you have made, and RSA Archer unlocks the record.
The record details page includes the following button sets that enable you to add, copy, save, edit/view, or delete a record and to view related records, recalculate fields, export, print, or email a link of the record.
- The button bar when viewing a record.
- The button bar when editing a record.
- The button bar for viewing related records, recalculating, exporting, printing, and sending an email of the record.
- The record determines which buttons are available. For example, if the record does not have a calculated field, you will not see the Recalculate button.
User rights are granted at the application or questionnaire, record, or field level.
Application or Questionnaire
Create, read, update, and delete permissions determine whether you can add, edit, delete, and search records within an application or questionnaire.
If an application or questionnaire contains a record permissions field, you can only access the fields to which you have permissions.
Individual fields in an application or questionnaire are either public or private.
- Do one of the following:
- From the menu bar, select the Workspace Name menu > solution > application in which you want to add a new record, and click .
- In an existing record browser, click .
- Complete the necessary information.
Click Save or Save and Close.
- Click Save to apply the changes and continue working.
- Click Save and Close to save and exit.
Note: If an image is inserted into the Text Area field, a web request is created to get to the output from the URL. To enable outside URL requests for images, you must enable the outside proxy. The URL fails if it requires additional credentials to access the source.
- From the menu bar, select the Workspace name menu > solution > application that contains the record you want to delete.
- Select the record you want to delete.
- Click .
- Click OK.
RSA Archer 6.4 SP1