Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
KiranNamoju
Contributor
Contributor

RSA Authentication Agent - RSA Authentication API for Java

Good Morning,

We're upgrading our RSA AM, infra from physical to virtual and also version 8.3 to 8.5, and as part of it we are reviewing the registered agents, to understand agent type, ports they are talking on. One the clients registered client to RSA AM is using RSA Authentication API for Java, for authentication purpose. I need to confirm which are the mandatory ports(TCP or UDP) that needs to be open for it to communicate? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
HassanMehsen
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

RSA Authentication Manager uses the default port 5555. For example: https://<fqhn>:5555/mfa/v1_1/authn/initialize

You need to make sure that this TCP port is allowed between your in-house application and the RSA authentication manager appliance.

Note that SSL is required to access the endpoint URLs.

0 Likes
KiranNamoju
Contributor
Contributor

@HassanMehsen  
I thought the same but to my surprise there are no default port 5555 open from client to RSA AM. When validated, the only port open was 5500(TCP/UDP). Although RSA Authentication API for Java sounds like REST API but appears to be not. 

The RSA Authentication SDK 8.6(RSA Authentication API for Java) implements the TCP protocol, instead of the traditional UDP protocol so authentications are going to 5500/TCP on an Authentication Manager instance instead of 5500/UDP. It also appears that SDK 8.6 is out of support and be replaced with REST RSA SecurID Authentication API

0 Likes