Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
alexandersen
New Contributor
New Contributor

RSA SecurID 4.2.1 fails to launch on Macs

Jump to solution

Starting this morning, RSA SecurID 4.2.1 is failing to launch on several Macs (Big Sur and other versions).
The error dialog shown reads "Error loading the application. Contact your administrator"

While launching the application the system logs show the following message:
SecurID "Trust evaluate failure: [ca1 BlackListedLeaf]"

Is this just me or are we all experiencing this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsalinkadmin
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

This is a known issue and is being actively investigated by the SecurID team. When a Solution is available it will be posted on the Advisory. More details can be found in this advisory.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

View solution in original post

55 Replies
KK1
Beginner
Beginner

Same to my Mac (version is Big Sur 11.5.2). It failed to launch RSA securID starting today,

Same error message  "Error loading the application. Contact your administrator".

I've spent time on uninstalling/installing it but still failed launch it.   

axx007
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue since this morning. Indeed it seems that the RSA security certificate has been blacklisted by Apple.  Reinstalling will not work. 

Update: In fact this is impacting all MacOS users in my company that use RSA SecurID.

VladimirVlasov
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a workaround to avoid this error? I mean could we somehow remove the certificate from our macs? Or is it something that Apple needs to do on their servers?

There does not appear to be a workaround at this point.

Most likely the certificate, or a CA certificate of the certificate, used by RSA to sign the application has been blacklisted by Apple for some reason. Either Apple needs to remove the blacklist entry or RSA will need to build a new version of the App signed with a different certificate.

erkulas
Explorer
Explorer

Same problem here for at least 2 persons (me running Catalina and another running Big Sur, OS updates done). Console confirms it is "Trust evaluate failure: [ca1 BlackListedLeaf]" . Is it somehow possible to disable ALL validation for application in MacOS ( Gatekeeper )?

"sudo spctl --add /Applications/SecurID.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurID" is not helping .

Also "codesign -v --verbose=4 /Applications/SecurID.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurID" says:
---
/Applications/SecurID.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurID: valid on disk
/Applications/SecurID.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurID: satisfies its Designated Requirement
---

So it seems the immediate certificate for SecurID seems to be in order. Maybe some of the dynamic libraries it uses are blacklisted?

HansMontana
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also affected. At first I thought it was a recent Big Sur update. macOS 11.5.2, SecurID 4.2.1.

Alfonso
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same to me...

@erkulas wrote:

So it seems the immediate certificate for SecurID seems to be in order. Maybe some of the dynamic libraries it uses are blacklisted?

I've just checked Activity Monitor and which files are opened by SecurID. 

cwd
/
txt
/Applications/SecurID.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurID
txt
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
txt
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
txt
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
txt
/Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.9DDurKP4
txt
/usr/share/icu/icudt64l.dat
txt
/usr/lib/dyld
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null

VladimirVlasov
Contributor
Contributor

codesign -d --verbose=4 /Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore: code object is not signed at all

codesign -d --verbose=4 /Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui: code object is not signed at all

codesign -d --verbose=4 /Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
/Library/Frameworks/stauto32.framework/Versions/4/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets: code object is not signed at all

Is it ok that these frameworks are not signed?

sg
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue - 4.2.1 and Big Sur 11.5