Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
DanielBressan
Beginner
Beginner

SecurID Software Token Android 9 data issue

Jump to solution

I just upgraded to a pixel 2, on android 9, and the RSA SecurID software token app doesn't work anymore. After clear cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling, I still always get the same error (see attachment). It says "RSA application data in inaccessible. Please enable 3G/4G or Wi-Fi network. Contact your administrator." Obviously all my data is on and working, both on wi-fi and 4g. Any suggestions? I did see this article that says it was updated to work with android 9: https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-96453 I'm on version 2.5.0 of the app.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TedBarbour
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - this is a known issue.  The workaround is:

Step 1: Turn off the Automatic Restore switch. Android settings-> System-> Backup and restore -> App data and turn off Automatic restore switch.
Step 2: Uninstall App
Step 3: Reinstall App
Step 4: Re-enable the Automatic Restore switch

Hope that helps,

Ted

View solution in original post

7 Replies
_EricaChalfin
Employee (Retired) Employee (Retired)
Employee (Retired)

Daniel Bressan‌,

I've moved your question to the RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space space where it will be seen by the product's support engineers, other customers and partners.  Please bookmark this page and use it when you have product-specific questions.

Alternatively, from the RSA Customer Support" data-type="space page, click on Ask A Question on the blue navigation bar and choose Ask A Product Related Question.  From there, scroll to RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space and click Ask A Question.  That way your question will appear in the correct space.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes
_EricaChalfin
Employee (Retired) Employee (Retired)
Employee (Retired)

Daniel Bressan‌,

Please also take a look at RSA Application Data is Inaccessible, where other customer's reported the same issue.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I searched your forum for

these exact words and nothing came up. Weird.

0 Likes
DanielBressan
Beginner
Beginner

I missed this post before, but this appears to be the same problem:
https://community.rsa.com/thread/198267 

0 Likes
TedBarbour
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - this is a known issue.  The workaround is:

Step 1: Turn off the Automatic Restore switch. Android settings-> System-> Backup and restore -> App data and turn off Automatic restore switch.
Step 2: Uninstall App
Step 3: Reinstall App
Step 4: Re-enable the Automatic Restore switch

Hope that helps,

Ted

Just saw that on the other forum, worked great, thanks!

0 Likes

Daniel Bressan‌,

Thank you for letting me know.  I've updated the tagging so if you search, these posts display.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes