RSA IGL Version: V 7.2.x
Product Area: Dashboards - Dynamic (Applied to the Application Object Dashboard)
Time to apply: ~20 minutes
RSA IGL Recipes - The 12 Dashboards of Christmas - Summary , 2020 - Part 1 of 12
The Application "Summary" dashboard was created to provide a summary of any selected application.This is a dynamic dashboard with various charts included. Dynamic dashboards are very powerful and allow you to create a single dashboard, which can be applied to multiple objects at the same time. In this instance, one dashboard is created and this is then applied to every "application" dynamically. The dashboard will update the charts/reports as you view different reviews.
The goal of this dashboard is to help you understanding each application and any potential risk or items that should be addressed.
Other useful links
Example Image (Click to enlarge)
- This chart/report/dashboard is supplied "as is" - any modification of this item is done at your own risk.
- If you have issues applying this chart/report/dashboard, please comment below for help, DO NOT contact the RSA Support team.
- If you would like more assistance with this chart/report/dashboard or for help in creating other chart/report/dashboards, then RSA Professional Services (RSA PS) is available to help.
- Please contact your RSA Account Manager or local RSA Sales Rep or reply below for further assistance.
- This dashboard has MORE charts than can be displayed, allowing you to pick and choose which information is useful to you.
- Do not forget to set "User Constraints" on your dashboards - otherwise everyone will be able to see them who has access to the object.
- Unfortunately this dashboard will NOT work for any applications that are linked to access, via the following solution; https://community.rsa.com/community/products/governance-and-lifecycle/exchange/recipes/blog/2020/04/29/active-directory-ad-managed-applications
The Application "Overview" dashboard, contains the following charts, all of which need to be created first, before you can implement this dashboard. Please see these documents for more info on how to create the required dashboard objects first:
You MUST follow standard change request process and apply this solution in your lower environments first, before moving this to Production.
- Create each of the reports/charts as listed above in the "details" section
- Once all these charts/reports have been created successfully
Go to Admin / Dashboards
Under "Object Dashboards" click the "Edit" button for:
Dashboard Name = "Overview"
Object Name = "Application"
Under the "Dashboard Overview" tab
Dashboard Name: Summary
Display Sequence: 1 (you can update this value in future, to move where this dashboard is shown).
Layout: Proportional Layout, select the option with 4 results, as shown below.
Under "Dashboard Components" Tab.
Click "Add Component" button.
Add each of the charts, listed above, you must do this step for each chart.
Update the order of the reports/charts so that final result is like the image below.
Note: we have provided more charts than can be displayed, so please select the information that is useful to you and your business. Not all companies have violations/login data for applications, so this is why we dont include them in the dashboard. We have however created the charts for you, so they are available if you need.
If all the data is useful, then potentially you can create another dashboard or update the Layout on the previous step to include more objects.
Under the "User Constraints" tab set the correct level of access for who should see this dashboard.
Note: For this dashboard, you might need need to set any constraints, as only specific people can see review-results. If you did want to add something, then you might want to set this to just AveksaAdmin and users with Aveksa System Admin access.
This is the "Advanced" SQL that can be used, if you want to copy and paste the below
/*AveksaAdmin, System Administrators*/
or users.id has approles (('Aveksa EDC','System Administrator'))
The new dashboard should now be shown and display data dynamically for each review result
Please login, then "Like" and "Actions/Follow" this page (Top Right), so as to receive updates and be notified if we modify/change items found here, in future.