In order to register as an RSA customer or partner on RSA Link to gain access to the My RSA Case Management portal and to restricted product content, you must provide either a Site ID, Serial Number, Contract Number, or License Key for one of the products associated with your account. This document provides instructions on finding this information for various RSA product.
- RSA Access Manager
- RSA Archer Suite
- RSA Authentication Manager
- RSA enVision
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle
- RSA NetWitness Logs and Packets
- Need Assistance?
RSA Access Manager
If you have RSA Access Manager, RSA Keon, or RSA ClearTrust products, the license serial number is located on a paper license shipped with the product. Contract your System Administrator to obtain this information.
RSA Archer Suite
When registering as an RSA Archer Suite customer or partner, an RSA Archer license key must be provided. To find this license key, follow the instructions below.
Version 5.x and 6.x
- Open the Archer Control Panel.
- In the left pane, double-click on the instance name. In the image below the instance name is Archer.
- Click Show under Instance Information to reveal the Archer License Key.
4. The license key is shown on the right:
- Open the Archer Control Panel.
- In the left pane, click on the instance name.
- In the right pane, double-click on Licensing.
- You will see the Archer License Key and Instance Information on this screen.
RSA Authentication Manager
The instructions below explain how to locate the serial number for various versions of RSA Authentication Manager.
RSA Authentication Manager 8.x, RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 and RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0
- Access the RSA Security Console. (https://<fully_qualified_computer_name>:7004/console-ims)
- Navigate to Setup > Licenses > Status.
- Click View Installed Licenses.
4. Click the small drop down arrow next to the License ID number and click on View.
5. The serial number and other information is displayed under License Details.
RSA Authentication Manager 6.1 and RSA SecurID Appliance 2.0
From Host Mode (Windows) or Remote Administration Mode (Windows or Unix):
- Launch RSA Authentication Manager Database Administration, either Host Mode or Remote Admin Mode.
- Select System > Check License Compliance.
In addition to the software methods below, the serial number can be found on a printed label located on the back of the appliance unit.
- Access your RSA enVision appliance.
- Locate the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\nie-oe.dat file.
- The serial number will be shown in the S/N= field. The number will begin with NNG. (e.g. NNG00011111111)
- Access your RSA enVision appliance via the DRAC.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Dell OpenManage Applications > Server Administrator > Server Administrator.
- Select System on the left panel.
- Select the Summary link at the top of the page.
- The Chassis Server Tag is the serial number.
- Log into the user interface.
- Go to Overview > System Configuration > Users > Display License Information. On top you will see the Host ID.
- Log into the RSA enVision appliance through Remote Desktop.
- Open the command prompt and type the command below.
- Note the TCP/IP settings for the Ethernet adapter LAN interface. Take note of the MAC address without the hyphens.
RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle
The serial number can be found on a label on the top of the appliance, as shown below. Please also refer to your Order Confirmation email to obtain other information required when your call RSA Support. The email will include your serial number, contract number or site ID.
RSA NetWitness Logs and Packets
There are four methods for obtaining a serial number for an RSA NetWitness Logs and Packets (formerly RSA Security Analytics) appliance.
Method 1 - Decal on the physical appliance
There is a serial number decal on your appliance, which is usually affixed to the top of the appliance and look similar to the example below.
Method 2 - Using the RSA NetWitness Administrator thick client
- Connect to the Appliance Server (port 50006) of your RSA NetWitness appliance.
- On the dashboard, make sure you are on the Stats tab and click on the Appliance Tasks button in the upper-left.
- In the Appliance Tasks window, select Show Serial Number from the Task drop down menu and click Run.
- You will see the serial number in the Output section of the window.
Method 3 - Using the RSA Security Analytics UI
- Log in to the RSA Security Analytics UI as an administrative user.
- Navigate to Administration > Services.
- Click on the Actions button for an appliance and select View > System.
- Click on the Host Tasks button at the top of the page.
- Select Show Serial Number from the Task drop down menu and click Run.
- The serial number will be displayed in the Output section.
Method 4 - Using the Command-Line
- Connect to an RSA NetWitness appliance via SSH as the root user.
- Issue the command dmidecode -s system-serial-number which will display the serial number, as shown below:
If you are unable to locate your serial number or license key, or if your product is not listed, please Contact RSA Customer Support for further assistance.