Deploying an Identity Router - Advanced SetupDeploying an Identity Router - Advanced Setup
If you want the opportunity to step through all of the possible options involved in deploying an identity router, perform this procedure.
Note: This topic applies to identity routers being deployed on the VMware, Hyper-V, and Amazon Web Services cloud platforms. It does not apply to deployments that use the embedded identity router in Authentication Manager. For information on that deployment, see Quick Setup - Connect SecurID Authentication Manager to the Cloud Authentication Service with an Embedded Identity Router.
If you want to set up your identity router as quickly as possible, without advanced options, see Getting Started with Quick Setup for the Cloud Authentication Service.
For a quick overview of the setup process:
Before you begin
You must be a Super Admin in the Cloud Administration Console.
Make sure you change your password at the first sign-in. See Change Your Account Name and Password in the Cloud Administration Console.
- Plan your deployment using the Deployment Planning Checklist.
- Add an Identity Router Using the Cloud Administration Console.
- Obtain the Identity Router Image.
- (For VMware) Install the Identity Router Virtual Appliance for VMware.
- (For Microsoft Hyper-V) Create the Identity Router Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- (For Amazon Web Services) Launch the Identity Router for Amazon Web Services.
- (For VMware and Hyper-V) Configure Initial Network Settings for On-Premises Identity Routers Using the VM Console.
- Configure Network Settings Using the Identity Router Setup Console.
- Connect the Identity Router to the Cloud Administration Console.
- If you are adding an identity router to an existing cluster, back up user profiles for the cluster that includes the new identity router. See Back Up Now for a Single Cluster.