RSA Product Set: Identity Governance & Lifecycle
RSA Version/Condition: 6.8.1, 6.9.1, 7.0.x, 7.1.x
After an upgrade or patch installation, the AFX Server is in a Running
state but all the previously working RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle AFX Connectors show as Not Deployed
and do not progress to a Running
state. For example,
In the user interface, the Connector Templates page (AFX
> Connector Templates
) shows the message (Migration Required).
The connector templates have not been upgraded/patched to the version or patch level just applied to RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle.
Connector templates need to be upgraded or patched every time RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle is upgraded or patched. This is done by importing a zip file of the format AFX-<version>_<patch-level>-Standard-Connectors.zip
that contains the upgraded/patched templates using the following steps.
- Login to RSALink and download the AFX connector template zip file for your version. See 000038064 -- How to download RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle patches for instructions on how to download the AFX connector template zip file.
- Once downloaded, login to RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle as AveksaAdmin.
- Navigate to AFX > Import.
- Click Choose File and select the file that was downloaded for the version upgrade or patch upgrade.
- Click Next. This may take some time depending on the file size. For example, the standard connector zip file is much larger than the premium connector zip file.
- Once that step is complete, another page will open where all of the templates are listed and you may select the templates that you want to upgrade. You have two options;
- Select individual templates, or
- Select all by clicking the uppermost left check box.
- Once you have made your choices, click Import. After the import completes, you should no longer see the Migration Required message in the Connector Template screen, and your connectors should show as Running.
If the required zip file cannot be found, please contact RSA Customer Support
for assistance. They may provide a URL for the file to be downloaded.
Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com for the RSALink issue, where you cannot see the file for download.