Imported business descriptions are not updated correctly for groups in different applications having the same name in RSA Via Lifecycle and Governance
RSA Product Set: RSA Via Lifecycle and Governance (RSA Via L&G) RSA Version/Condition: 7.0, 7.0 P01, 7.0 P02
When importing business descriptions from a CSV file, it is not working as expected in RSA VIA Lifecycle & Governance version 7.0. The issue here is that, if two applications contain groups with the same name, even though there are different descriptions for these groups in the CSV file, the system is showing the same description for both the groups after importing the CSV file.
1. In the screen shots below are two different applications and the imported CSV file below:
2. This is before importing the CSV file:
3. There are no errors while importing the file and the display name changes as expected:
4. After importing the CSV file the group name, long description and short description are the same.
For global roles and groups, the scope (scope_id) value is being set to group/role id itself when business description is created from the UI but when imported it is being set to application id. This difference in behavior is causing the issue and is a bug.
This issue is fixed in Version 7.0 P03.
While you cannot pick an application from the UI when creating descriptions for groups, you can pick a specified group which belongs to a specific application and modify the description. The description created will apply to just that group and not groups with the same name in other applications.
1. Go to Admin > Descriptions:
2. Choose the Groups tab.
3. Click on Create and select the type as Group and click Next. You will get the list of groups which can be selected one at a time.
4. Select a group and click Next.
5. Enter the Display Name, Short Description, Long Description and Help link then click Finish.