RSA Product Set: Identity Governance & Lifecycle
RSA Version/Condition: 7.0.2
Actions that require the deployment of the aveksa.ear file take a long time to complete or fail to complete. This may occur in the following conditions
- Executing the customizeACM.sh file as part of EAR customization.
- During upgrade from 7.0.2 to another version
- During patching of 7.0.2
The aveksaServer.log file shows the following ERROR level log message. This message may be repeated hundreds of times.10/10/2018 19:59:41.988 ERROR (ThreadPool-9) [com.aveksa.server.runtime.AveksaEventEngine] Event posting failed due to exception:WorkflowEvent[id = null creationDate = Thu Oct 10 19:59:41 EDT 2018 eventState = New eventType = PasswordResetEvent] java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task com.aveksa.server.runtime.AveksaEventEngine$EventHandler@24cb0e3b rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@f13565c[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 26584]
This is a known issue in the following versions and patches.
- RSA Identify Governance & Lifecycle 7.0.1
- RSA Identify Governance & Lifecycle 7.0.2
This issue may occur if the customer has a Password Policy enabled for password sync, but is not actively using the Password Policy for password synchronization. The system attempts to setup tasks on startup for each expired password and this can delay the deployment.
This issue is resolved in the following versions and patches. This patch pauses the PasswordResetNagTasks and ExpirationNagTasks until the startup is completed.
- RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle 7.0.1 P05
- RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle 7.0.2 P03
- RSA Identify Governance & Lifecycle 7.1.0
This issue can be avoided by temporarily disabling Password Management before attempting any system maintenance that requires the aveksa.ear to be deployed.
- Select the Settings tab from the Admin/Systems menu.
- Set Password Management to Off.
Be sure to enable the Password Management again after the maintenance is complete.