RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.x
The following error is observed and the administrator is unable to assign a user or alias:
Alias name is too long
A logon alias allows users to log on to RSA Authentication Manager with a user group ID, instead of their User IDs. By default, the maximum length of the logon alias is 48 characters, but a user ID can be longer. You can increase the maximum length of the logon alias up to 100 characters.
- Launch an SSH client, such as PuTTY. If SSH has not yet been enabled, be sure to Enable Secure Shell on the Appliance.
- Login to the primary Authentication Manager server as rsaadmin and enter the operating system password.
Note that during Quick Setup another user name may have been selected. Use that user name to login.
login as: rsaadmin
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password: <enter operating system password>
Last login: Mon Sep 2 02:24:49 2019 from jumphost.vcloud.local
RSA Authentication Manager Installation Directory: /opt/rsa/am
- Navigate to /opt/rsa/am/utils:
- Run the following command:
./rsautil store -a update_config auth_manager.principalmgt.max_aliasname_length 100 GLOBAL 501
where, 100 is the new maximum length of the logon alias.
- When prompted, enter the Operations Console administrator user ID, and press Enter.
- When prompted, enter the Operations Console administrator password, and press Enter.
Please enter OC Administrator username: <enter Operations Console administrator user name>
Please enter OC Administrator password: <enter Operations Console administrator user password>
NOTICE: Changed the value of configuration parameter 'auth_manager.principalmgt.max_aliasname_length' from '48' to '100' for the instance 'GLOBAL'.
The maximum length of logon alias is now increased and administrators can assign logon alias up to 100 characters.