RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.x
This article explains how to send authentication requests to alternative/secondary IP addresses of the RSA Authentication Manager 8.x server.
You can provide alternative IP addresses for each instance used for authentication. For example, you might do this if your authentication agents must communicate with an Authentication Manager instance on a server behind a firewall using a static network address translation (NAT).
To add the alternativee IP addresses:
- Login to the Security Console.
- Select Setup > System Settings.
- Click Alternative Instance IP Addresses.
- Add the alternativee IP (secondary IP) of the replica in the replica row.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Generate a new sdconf.rec file and add it to the agent(s).
- Form the Security Console select Access > Authentication Agents.
- Click Generate Configuration File.
- Click Download Now to download the AM_Config.zip file that is created.
- Open the .zip and extract the sdconf.rec within.
- Deploy the mew sdconf.rec to the authentication agents that need the alternative IP address information.