RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: SecurID Software Token
RSA Version/Condition: 4.1.2, 4.2.1
The following error message displays when importing an RSA SecurID Software Token:
No token storage device was detected. Verify that the device is attached or contact your administrator
Image descriptionImage descriptionImage description
The com.rsa.Software Token.Policies.plist file is in the templates subfolder with the installation media and it is recommended that it be configured before installation.
The following steps need to be performed on the Mac for a successful token import.
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to /Library/Preferences.
- Run the following commands:
plutil -convert xml1 'com.rsa.Software Token\Desktop.plist'
plutil -convert xml1 'com.rsa.Software Token\Library.plist'
- Reboot the machine and import the token.
You can enable debugging of the application with the following steps.
- Use any editor and edit com.rsa.Software Token\Library.plist.
- The important thing is to change the LogLevel value from INFO to DEBUG.