RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA SecurID Software Token for Windows
RSA Version/Condition: 5.0
The RSA SecurID Software Token software installed on a supported Microsoft Windows platform displays the following message when trying to import a new token record in .sdtid format:
Device intended for this token not found. Token imported failed, Connect the device or contact your administrator.
The token is not imported into the application.
The wrong definition file was used in the software token profile when generating the .sdtid file through the Security Console.
Download the currently shipped version of the RSA SecurID Software Token 5.0 for Microsoft Windows
The 32-bit or 64-bit software is downloaded by clicking the Download Application
links which will provide a zip file called RSASecurIDToken500.zip
- Unpacking this file provides the following folders and files.
- The definition files reside in the def folder:
- Login to the Security Console with an administrative account that has the superadmin administrative role assigned.
- Select Software Token Profiles > Add New to provide the option to import the new definition file and configure a new software token profile.
- Click Import New Device Definition File.
- Click Choose File to select the definition file to import.
- Click Submit to complete the import to allow the administrator to complete the profile settings..
- The administrator can now distribute the software token .sdtid file using the software token profile with the correct definition file. Instructions for software distribution are found by searching Help > All Help Topics for software token distribution.
Topic taken from the Help Topics provided in the Security Console.
Distribute One Software Token Using File-Based Provisioning
When you distribute software tokens using file-based provisioning, token data is stored in a token distribution file (SDTID file). The SDTID file is added to a ZIP file for download.Before You Begin
- Instruct the user to install the software token application on a device. For installation instructions, see the Administrator's Guide for your software token application.
- Add a Software Token Profile. Only a Super Admin can add software token profiles.
- Assign Tokens to Users.
- In the Security Console, click Authentication > SecurID Tokens > Manage Existing.
- Use the search fields to find the software token that you want to distribute.
- From the search results, click the software token that you want to distribute.
- From the Context menu, click Distribute.
- From the Select Token Profile drop-down list, select a software token profile with file-based provisioning as the delivery method.
- In the DeviceSerialNumber field, do one of the following:
- To bind the token to the device class, leave the default setting.
- To bind the token to a specific device, clear the field and enter the device ID you obtained from the user.
7. Enter a nickname or leave the Nickname
8. You can choose to Password Protect
the token file. The following options are available:
- Password. Enter a password of your choice. This password applies to all software tokens in the token distribution file. A password can be up to 24 characters long for 128-bit tokens and 8 characters long for 64-bit tokens.
- No password. The user does not enter a password
- User ID. The user enters his or her user ID.
- Combination User ID followed by Password. The user enters his or her user ID and the password that you set. The user ID and password combination can be up to 24 characters long for 128-bit tokens and 8 characters long for 64-bit tokens.
9. If you select Password or Combination
, create a password, and enter it in the Password
and Confirm Password
10. Click Save and Distribute
11. Click Download Now.
12. Securely deliver the token file to the user.
13. Click Done