RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.2
O/S Version: SUSE Enterprise Linux 11
Scheduled Report Jobs fail to send emails to configured email recipients or individual email addresses.
Nothing is reported in the /opt/rsa/am/server/logs/imsTrace.log log file where the Trace Log is set to 'Verbose' (Security Console > Setup > System Settings > Logging > select Instance Type and click Next button > set Trace Log to Verbose)
Apache component updates included in RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 prevent the use of other nonstandard domains.
Allow the Use of Nonstandard Email Domains
To address issue RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Patch 1 or later allows the use of the .local domain. Apache component updates included in RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 prevent the use of other nonstandard domains, unless you edit the ims.properties file.
To use nonstandard email domains:
- Log on to the appliance with the User ID rsaadmin and the current operating system password:
- On a hardware appliance, log onto the appliance using the SSH client.
- On a virtual appliance, log on to the appliance using an SSH client, the VMware vSphere client, the Hyper-V System Center Virtual Machine Manager Console, or the Hyper-V Manager.
- Change directories: cd /opt/rsa/am/utils/resources
- Make a copy of the ims.properties file to preserve the original file before making a change e.g. cp ims.properties ims.properties.ORIG
- In a text editor, such as the vi editor, open the ims.properties file.
- Add validDomainList entry to the end of the ims.properties file:
NOTE: You can add more than one nonstandard domain. Separate each name with a semicolon.
- Save your changes. For example, in the vi editor, type :wq!
- Make a copy of the ims.properties file to preserve the change made e.g. cp ims.properties ims.properties.NEW (in case this new file is needed after applying a software update to the authentication manager instance as applying the software update removed the change)
- Restart Authentication Manager services: /opt/rsa/am/server/rsaserv restart all
- The ims.properties file is not replicated. If you promote a replica instance, you must repeat this procedure, unless you prepare for promotion by repeating these steps on each Authentication Manager instance in your deployment.
: An administrator may have to redo the steps provided in this knowledge article on an authentication manager instance where a software update (e.g. Service Pack or Patch
) has been applied.
The section entitled "Allow the Use of Nonstandard Email Domains" is also found on page 9 of the RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Patch 5 Readme