RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1 or later
An administrator deployed a new RSA SecurID appliance, either in a virtual environment or a physical appliance. The expected output on the console page is:
To complete the appliance configuration, access Quick Setup at:
Quick Setup Access Code: xxxxxxxx
To confirm the authenticity of the appliance, verify that the SHA-1 fingerprint of the certificate presented during Quick Setup matches the SHA-1 fingerprint displayed below.
D1 C8 93 6A 5B C 37 5A 62 C7 53 B1 C9 18 60 9A A2 41 5B 42
If there is a problem with the appliance console page, a Quick Setup Access Code does not display:
Incorrect network settings were provided during the deployment; for example, an incorrect default gateway.
Correct the network settings directly on the console. For example, to update the default gateway, open /etc/sysconfig/network/routes:
- Launch an SSH client, such as PuTTY.
- Login to the primary Authentication Manager server as rsaadmin and enter the operating system password.
Note that during Quick Setup another user name may have been selected. Use that user name to login.
- Cat /etc/sysconfig/network/routes to see the default gateway information.
- Sudo to root to edit the file.
- Open /etc/sysconfig/network/routes in a text editor to make changes to the IP address listed for the default gateway.
login as: rsaadmin
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password: <enter operating system password>
Last login: Tue Oct 8 13:16:25 2019 from jumphost.vcloud.local
RSA Authentication Manager Installation Directory: /opt/rsa/am
rsaadmin@am84p:~> cat /etc/sysconfig/network/routes
default 192.168.2.102 - eth0
rsaadmin@am84p:~> sudo su -
rsaadmin's password: <enter operating system password>
am84p:~ # vi /etc/sysconfig/network/routes
- Update the IP address listed for eth0:
default <new default gateway IP address> - eth0
- When done press Escape.
- Type :wq! to save the changes or :q! to exit without saving.
- Reboot the appliance:
am84p:~ # reboot
The reboot will allow the appliance to reflect the change to the default gateway and display the Quick Setup Access Code correctly.
- Open a browser and go to https://<AM_IP_Address> to perform the Quick Setup.
Please follow the steps in article 000037165 - "No configured interfaces were detected." error after finishing Quick Setup on a new RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 server
if you encounter the error "No configured interfaces were detected" after finishing Quick Setup on a new RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 server.