RSA Product Set: SecurID
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.x
This article provides details on creating alphanumeric PIN for RSA SecurID software tokens.
- Logon to the Security Console of the primary Authentication Manager instance.
- Update a token policy.
- For Character Requirements, check the option to Allow alphanumeric PINs.
- Add a new software token profile.
- For Authentication Type select PIN followed by tokencode (Fob-style)
- Assign a software token to a user.
- Distribute the software token to a user.
- Confirm the token policy has alphanumeric PINs enabled. elect the new software token profile created
- Be sure to select the token policy modified above.
- Users will authenticate using their user ID and the tokencode displayed during the first login attempt. They will be prompted to create a new PIN which can include alphanumeric characters.