RSA Product Set: RSA SecurID
Product Service/Component: Cloud Authentication Service
The Super Administrator or Administrator is not receiving the expected password reset email after using the Cloud Administration Console's Forgot Password
Some typical causes for this issue are:
- The password reset email was sent, but is not reaching the user's email Inbox
- The email address entered at the Forgot Password prompt is not configured as the User ID of a Super Administrator or Administrator
- If you are trying to login to a new Cloud Authentication Service tenant for the first time:
- the SecurID Access Cloud Authentication Service tenant may not yet have been configured by SecurID
- initial Super Administrator credentials may have been configured for the email address of someone else in your organization
Check and fix the following:
- Check your email's Junk or Spam folder or service for the password reset email.
- Make sure that your organization's email server is not blocking emails from the rsa.com or securid.com domains.
- Check that you are receiving other emails to your Inbox, in case of some network or email server error that could be preventing delivery.
- Check that the email address entered as the User ID at the Forgot Password prompt is the correct one and correctly spelled. A password reset email will only be sent if the email address entered is configured as the User ID of a Super Administrator or Administrator for the Cloud Administration Console.
- Check that you are using the correct Cloud Administration Console URL for the Cloud Authentication Service tenant you are trying to access. Even though the login screen looks correct, you may have reached the URL for a different Cloud Authentication Service tenant and so your email address will not be known there.
- If this is the first time you are trying to access the Cloud Administration Console for a new Cloud tenant, make sure you have received the initial super administrator account email.
Ask another Cloud Administration Console Super Administrator user in your organization for assistance. They can check if your email address is configured correctly or unlock your account or reset your password
- SecurID recommends that you add multiple Super Administrators so that if one Super Administrator account needs a password reset, another Super Administrator can access the account and change the password.
- When a Super Administrator's or Administrator's account is locked due to too many wrong password attempts, resetting the password with the "Forgot Password" link will unlock the account. So a locked account is not a reason for the Forgot Password link to fail.