Customers have run into an issue when upgrading from RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 to 8.1 that when they do the required re-install of the web tier they are using the RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 web tier installer, rather than the installer for 8.1. This article provides the steps to take when upgrading RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 to 8.1, including a required update of the web tier(s).
To complete the upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.1, the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Setup and Configuration Guide
states that if "your deployment includes a web tier, after upgrading the primary and replica instances, you must upgrade the web tier."
The am-update-188.8.131.52.0.zip file, which contains the RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade file, does not contain the new Authentication Manager 8.1 web tier installer.
The documentation does not specify that the customer must reinstall the web tier using the Authentication Manager 8.1 web tier installer, but this is a requirement to get the web tier working with the upgraded Authentication Manager server.
The RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Web Tier installer can be downloaded via the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Downloads
page on RSA Link. Once on the page, perform the steps below.
- Click on the green Version Upgrades button which will route you to the Version Upgrades portal.
- Choose your product and click Upgrade.
- On the next page, click Continue.
- Choose the option for Software for Authentication Manager 8.2 and lower and click Submit.
- Click Download Software.
- Click the link for RSA Authentication Manager Virtual Appliance Version Upgrade.
- On the Archive tab, select RSA Authentication Manager Virtual Appliance Version Upgrade V8.1.
- Review the license agreement and click I Agree.
- Select RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 - Extras (rsa-am-extras-184.108.40.206.0.zip), then click Download Selected Files.
- Follow the steps on pages 91 - 94 of the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Setup and Configuration Guide to uninstall the Authentication Manager 8.0 web tier and to install the 8.1 version.